- 1. Stress Resolved, Illness Reversed
- 2. Example: Stress Management Overcame Infertility
- 3. What Do We Mean By Stress?
- 4. Example: Our Intelligence Knows What's Stressing Us
- 5. Applied Kinesiology and The Stress Evaluation
- 6. The Stress Evaluation Finds Eight Types of Stress
- 7. Example: Clear Direction from the Stress Evaluation
- 8. It's Not Just Headaches and Ulcers -- Any Illness Can Stem from Stress
- 9. The Roles of Illness: Escape, Justification, and Punishment
- 10. The Vital Role of Value Standards
- 11. Forgiveness: The Most Effective Way to Handle Stress
- 12. The Technical Steps of Forgiveness
- 13. Example: Forgiveness Can Remove Barriers to Healing
- 14. Example: The Transformative Power of Forgiveness
- 15. Do I Have to Believe In It To Make It Work?
- 16. Does Graf Stress Management Work for Everyone?
- 17. The Good News About Stress and Illness
Tag Archives: stress and illness
The stresses which undermine us physically and mentally are deeper than just the tensions of daily life. They have more to do with failing to live up to our value standards; harboring fear, guilt, anger, resentment or low self-esteem; troubled relationships; and negative thoughts, feelings, or expectations. Continue reading
Stress does more than just make people feel “uptight.” In over thirty-five years of clinical use with thousands of clients, Graf Stress Management has found stress at the root of all types of illness, from the transitory (e.g., headaches) to the chronic (infertility, fibromyalgia, addiction) to the debilitating and terminal (cancer, lupus, AIDS, bipolar disorder). Continue reading