From colds to cancer, insomnia to infertility, depression to diaper rash, allergies, asthma, addictions, acne, and everything in between, the link between stress and illness has long been recognized but with no real solutions.
Traditional approaches to stress — exercise, relaxation, meditation, hobbies — may help us briefly feel better but cannot identify or resolve the specific stresses troubling us. Nor does talk therapy, which relies on the therapist’s conjecture as to our issues.
Graf Stress Management is a much-needed advance. Its signature Stress Evaluation can quickly, accurately pinpoint and resolve stresses at the root of physical and mental illness, making possible healing and peace of mind.
Graf Stress Management incorporates the following principles:
- Each of us has an “intelligence” containing a complete and accurate record of our life as well as the blueprint for running a perfectly healthy body. Our intelligence knows everything that has ever happened to us and is capable of delivering good health when not impeded by stress.
- In response to stress, we often unwittingly use illness, both mental and physical, as a means of punishing ourselves, escaping situations, or justifying negative feelings, beliefs or fears. When we eliminate the stress, we can eliminate the need for its symptoms.
- Debilitating stress is more complex than hectic schedules, difficult people, and other daily pressures of life. Indeed, the stresses that undermine us most have to do with lingering resentment, guilt, fear, low self-esteem and troubled relationships. These are cumulative and can date from any period of our life, not simply the present — even episodes so old we no longer think back on them.
- Recollection alone is unreliable to clarify what’s troubling us. Many stresses are distant enough in the past to be overlooked as sources of today’s troubles, though their negative energy remains lodged in us. Others are subconscious, or if conscious, are inaccurately characterized by our memory.
- The Graf Stress Evaluation draws valuable information from the record kept by our intelligence to quickly identify the stresses, conscious or subconscious, past and present, driving the problems we face today, and help us resolve them.
- Our challenge is not to micromanage the body’s functions with tests, drugs, supplements, surgery and other “brute force” approaches, but to resolve our stresses and enable the intelligence to do what it does best: run a healthy body.
Since 1975, Graf Stress Management has been used by thousands of clients to improve health, well-being, and peace of mind. Mind-Body Stress Management, in Rockville, Maryland, promotes the use of this powerful tool. It is operated by Elizabeth Richardson, a Certified Graf Stress Management Consultant since 1991.
For more detailed information, see this site’s Explanation articles or send questions using the Contact Form at right.
I’m always interested in what you have to say.